My intuition tells me this is an important topic. 🙂 So, here it goes.
What Exactly is Intuition?
It’s your soul’s knowingness. Your own personal infinite intelligence. We all have it. All of the answers we’re seeking – they are available to us at all times. Except we have this little thing called our “human” that tends to get in the way.
How Do We Know Intuition Exists?
Simply, we experience it. It’s that hunch we get, a feeling about something. An immediate knowing to turn left instead of right. It’s that part of you that sees someone coming towards you on the street and for whatever reason, you know it’s better to walk the other way.
Is Intuition a Skill?
The answer is no —and YES! Being intuitive is natural to everyone. Quieting your mind, practicing hearing or feeling and choosing to use intuition are where skill comes in. It can be learned!
Let me introduce you to the Intuitive You!
She knows you better than anyone; is always available and is NEVER wrong.
Some tips to make this introduction easy:
- Intention – if you’ve read any of my blogs before, you’ll know my first step in any process is INTENTION. So, set a goal to meet and embrace your Intuitive self.
- Give her a name – if it helps you to connect, call her Sally or Jasmine or just Me (with a capital M). If we can name our cars (mine is Grey Batman thanks to a superhero loving then 4-year-old), we can name our intuition.
- Invite her for a chat! What’s the best way to do that? Stillness. Have you ever sat with a bunch of people around a table all trying to talk at one time? You can never really hear one person. That’s what the inside of our heads are like. Thoughts, ideas, inspirations, conversation playbacks, all happening at once. There’s no way the usually very subtle voice of intuition can be heard. So, whatever stillness looks like to you – do that. Meditation, gardening, biking, whatever it is. Give your intuition the space to speak at least once a day.
- Get out of your head! Consider where intuition lives. Is it in your head? NO. Intuition lives in your soul. It’s a divine knowingness that lives in our heart space and is often felt in our emotions or our body. So, when connecting with your intuitive self, put your awareness on your heartspace and intend to feel rather than think.
- Manage your mindset! Negative thought patterns and beliefs can cloud judgment and inhibit intuition. Time to shift to a higher, more connected version of you! This takes time and can be hard work. I’m here to help if you want some support and guidance! (link to programs)
Once connected, you’ll always be connected. She’ll be that voice inside you always guiding, always helping you along your journey; a true and trusted companion. Get to know her today!