The communication that comes from Spirit is part of a healing process and is meant to provide closure, reassurance, guidance or
peace. Your deceased loved ones, angels and guides will come to provide messages, but your investment and commitment to the process is critical. The communication link is a three-way link – you, Spirit and me. The better prepared and more open you are, the better Spirit can communicate and the more meaningful the messages will be.
Things to do the night before and day of your reading:
A little R&R
To ensure I am a clear channel for Spirit, I spend approximately 30-45 minutes in meditation prior to your reading. As an integral part of the communication link, it is best if you also spend time before the session relaxing, meditating or just breathing deeply to clear your own energy of distractions and stressors.
Send them an invitation!
Talk to your Spirit team before the session. Let them know when the appointment is and tell them you’d love for them to be there. Keep in mind, however, that just because you ask your mother or father or Uncle Joe to show up, doesn’t mean they will! The spirits that will attend your session depend on the messages you need to hear and the spirits that are best to deliver them. That may be Uncle Joe or it could be an archangel or spirit guide. It’s important to be open to that. If you’re too focused on Uncle Joe’s presence or lack thereof, you’re likely to miss the beautiful, meaningful messages from the spirits that do show up to support you.
It’s all about intent.
Readings are a part of a healing process. Knowing what you want the outcome to be of any healing is important. Ask yourself questions such as:
- What would I like to accomplish with this reading?
- How would I like to feel after this reading?
- What is my overall intention of the reading?
Most of the session will be information flowed from Spirit to you. Be prepared to do a lot of listening. If you have questions, write them down in advance. I will provide you an opportunity to ask them. Sometimes the messages that Spirit provides will include advice or guidance, however, in general, I will not make decisions or provide psychic predictions for you.
- BE ON TIME. Often your spirit team will arrive in advance of the session. They are usually anxious to begin. However, if you are not on time, spirits will often move on or my link to them may be more difficult. Therefore, if you are late for your session, it will need to be rescheduled.
- Make sure you have the right technology. If you have booked a Skype session, ensure you have the software installed on your computer well in advance and have a stable Internet connection. If using a cell phone, be sure you have a strong cellular signal so reception issues don’t cause you to miss valuable information.
- Avoid distractions. Find a comfortable, quiet place where you can take the reading alone. Other people’s energy (and sometimes spirits) can be distractions during a session and ultimately impact the messages you receive. Turn off any phones, TVs, and computers.
- Have a pen and notebook Information tends to come through very quickly and
can be a lot to digest. Some of the messages may not register at the time of the reading. It is very possible these messages will make more sense to you after more thoughtful processing. Keep an open mind about what you hear and consider other people in your life that might be able to make sense of these messages. Sometimes you are the intended recipient and sometimes you are meant to deliver the message to others.
You have chosen to gift yourself with an opportunity to link with those in the spirit world. Relax and celebrate the messages they bring.